Search This Blog

Saturday 21 June 2014

Scotland fan 'worried celebrations would go viral'


Mark McConville, the Scotland football fan spotted on TV celebrating England's World Cup defeat to Uruguay, admits he was "worried" his antics would go viral

00:00
00:50

Mark McConville, a proud Scot, was described as a “hero” by his family after he was seen celebrating with Uruguay fans during England’s defeat, waving a Saltire and wearing a tartan hat.

"I'm a Scotland supporter and I've attended the last five Scotland and England matches and I'm proud of that fact ... so to be there in the stadium with my Scotland kit on and to see my hero Suarez score two goals against them doing what i wish I could do - it was amazing!"

"I was happy to be there with Uruguay and I did see myself up on the big screen with my Scottish Saltire flag and I thought 'this is wonderful' and I was worried in case it went viral and it has done."

England would still have had a slim chance of qualifying had Italy won against Costa Rica, but the Italian teams 1-0 defeat means that England are now definitely out of the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment